Experienced Fairfax VA Personal Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accidents
- Assault & Battery
- False Imprisonment
- Hotel Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Slip & Fall
- Wrongful Death
Am I entitled to compensation?
If you are physically injured due to the fault of another you may be entitled to compensation for bodily injuries, physical pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, deformity, humiliation, embarrassment, inconvenience, medical and surgical expenses, lost wages and loss of earning capacity.
Do I pay a legal fee?
We handle Personal Injury cases on a contingency basis, which means we only collect a legal fee if we collect money for our client. The fee is a percentage of the recovery. There are no up-front legal fees.
Fairfax VA Personal Injury Lawyer | Accident Attorney
Stephen M. Terpak | (703)-898-6328
Direct Consultation: (703)-256-1800
This information is provided by a Fairfax VA personal injury lawyer. Our firm handles cases involving negligence and intentional torts. Negligence cases include car accidents, premises liability and product liability. Intentional torts include assault, battery defamation and false imprisonment. We assist those who have been harmed and seek compensation. Case summaries are for informational purposes only. Good results in the past do not guarantee good results in the future.
In 2018 resolved a claim for Hepatitis C food poisoning on behalf of Prince William Va man for $130,000
October 8, 2018, Fairfax Va resident receives $100,000 for assault in Fairfax Va store.
September 29, 2018, Arlington Va resident receives $22,500 for Arlington Va personal injury claim after negligent driver disregards signal to stop.
September 29, 2018, Alexandria slip and fall victim receives $70,000 personal injury settlement.
August 3, 2018, Arlington Va passenger receives over $20,000 after being injured by abrupt lane change of her driver.
June 27, 2018, Arlington Va side-swipe personal injury results in verdict at trial in Arlington General District Court for over $14,500 (approximately 2.4 x the last offer; case appealed by the defense).
June 21, 2018, Fairfax Va rear-end auto personal injury with about $3500 in bills for two doctor visits results in verdict of $9000 at trial in Fairfax General District Court.
June 2018, Loudoun Va rear-end auto personal injury claim settled for $23,000.
June 2018, Washington DC rear-end auto personal injury settled for $17,500.
June 2018, Loudoun Va side-impact auto personal injury settled for about $18,500.
June 2018, Loudoun Va rear-end auto personal injury claim with almost no property damage settled for $15,000.
May 2018, personal injury settlement for $60,000 for Arlington Va pedestrian struck in Arlington Va crosswalk.
May 2018, slip and fall settlement for $9,100 arising from fall in a Fairfax Va grocery store.
May 2018, personal injury settlement for passenger in Fairfax Va rear end auto collision for $21,000.
March 2018, $100,000 Personal Injury settlement for Alexandria Va motorist struck in Fairfax Va.
March 2018, $12,000 Personal Injury settlement from real estate company arising from hand laceration in a public bathroom.
March 2018, $18,750 personal injury settlement for Loudoun Va resident struck from behind on route 66 in Fairfax Va.
In 2018 settled a Fairfax slip and fall case for three times the medical bills against a Fairfax supermarket.
January 2018, $11,000 settlement in product liability action for Arlington Va resident suffering broken tooth from food product purchased in Fairfax Va.
2017 confidential settlement in excess of $300,000 for failed Prince William breast surgery.
November 2017, Personal Injury settlement for $21,500 for Arlington Va rear end collision.
November 2017, Personal Injury settlement for $7,000 for Arlington Va hotel guest struck by falling shower door.
November 2017, Personal Injury settlement for $13,000 for Falls Church bicyclist who crashed on steel plates on Vienna Va roadway.
- October 2017, Personal Injury settlement for $50,000 for Prince William motorist struck from behind in Vienna, Virginia.
- October 2017, Personal Injury settlement for $100,000 for pedestrian struck by vehicle in Arlington, Virginia.
- September 2017, Personal Injury settlement for $50,000 for Prince William motorist struck by drunk driver.
- August 2017, Personal Injury settlement for $100,000 for Alexandria Va pedestrian struck by a car in a crosswalk.
- July 2017, Personal Injury settlement for $125,000 for Fairfax Va resident injured while dining at a restaurant in Arlington Va.
- July 2017, favorable verdict in Fairfax County Parkway intersection accident.
- In 2017 resolved an Prince William County invasion of privacy case for $55,000.
- June 2017, Personal Injury settlement for $52,500 for Alexandria Va auto collision on interstate 395 involving delivery truck.
- June 2017, Personal injury settlement for $50,000 in Fairfax Va auto accident case.
- May 2017, Fairfax Va personal injury verdict at trial 15 times greater than the final insurance settlement offer in rear-end auto accident case.
- Personal Injury settlement for $60,000 for rear-end collision in Fairfax Va.
- Personal injury settlement for $47,500 for Arlington Va pedestrian struck by automobile.
- Personal injury settlement of $20,000 for Fairfax Va rear-end collision with minor damage.
- Represented an elderly couple who’s car was struck by a tractor trailer from behind while traveling on an interstate, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Personal injury settlement for $100,000 for Fairfax, Virginia passenger who’s driver rear-ended another vehicle in Fairfax, Virginia.
- Personal injury settlement for $75,000 for Arlington VA pedestrian struck by automobile.
- Personal injury settlement for $25,000 for Arlington VA pedestrian struck by automobile.
- Personal injury settlement for $90,000 for Vienna, VA pedestrian struck by automobile.
- Plaintiff’s verdict in Loudoun VA rear-end accident of approximately 3.5 times the settlement offer.
- Favorable verdict in Fairfax rear-end accident case with concussion injury.
- Plaintiff’s verdict in assault and battery civil trial.
- Confidential settlement in Arlington Va. defamation / insulting words / false imprisonment case.
- Settlement in Arlington VA roll-over crash for $100,000.
- Favorable jury verdict of $20,000 for Fairfax VA pedestrian struck by automobile.
- Favorable settlement in excess of $50,000 for Fairfax VA shopper struck by automobile in parking lot.
- Favorable appeals court ruling in Federal Tort Claims act case for law enforcement abuse. Ignacio v. US, 674 F 3d 252 (CA4 2012).
- Favorable verdict in Arlington County General District Court in for customer struck by rental car employee.
- Favorable verdict in Alexandria VA in negligence case arising from an unsafe lane change.
- Favorable settlement in excess of $200,000 in Arlington VA uninsured motorist case against drunk driver.
- Settlement in excess of $700,000 for Fairfax VA wrongful death claim.
- Favorable personal injury settlement against major retailer in Prince William VA for serious laceration caused by product display.
- Favorable personal injury settlement against major food manufacturer for Fairfax VA consumer.
- Confidential personal injury settlement for $60,000 for Fairfax VA pedestrian struck by a bicycle in Arlington VA.
- Personal Injury settlement of $45,000 for Falls Church VA bicyclist struck by automobile in a Falls Church VA crosswalk.
- Personal injury settlement of $75,000 for Fairfax VA motorcycle crash.
- Confidential settlement for Alexandria VA consumer with nut allergy.
- Obtained a confidential settlement in Alexandria Federal Court for tinnitus injuries resulting from an exploding soccer ball. Reyes v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. 1:14-cv-00370-JFA (EDVA).
- In March 2017 Favorable personal injury verdict in Arlington, Virginia twenty-five percent higher than final insurance company offer.
- Successful resolution in a wrongful birth case for an Alexandria VA woman for over $250,000.
This information is provided by a Fairfax VA personal injury lawyer. Negligence is defined as the failure to use reasonable care under the circumstances and conditions. In most Virginia personal injury cases, the victim has two years from the date of the personal injury to settle the claim of file a lawsuit, but that limitation can change depending on the circumstances. For example, the statute of limitations for defamation in Virginia is only one year.
The time limit in personal injury cases is called a statute of limitations.
If an injury or accident results in death, then there may be a claim for wrongful death and beneficiaries are entitled to compensation for the loss of their loved ones. The rules for wrongful death claims are different from the rules for negligence cases that result in injury and not death.
Intentional wrongs in Virginia can result in monetary awards that include punitive damages on top of compensatory damages. Punitive damages are limited but available in Virginia. Intentional Wrongs where compensation may be available include assault, battery, defamation, false imprisonment fraud. If you are the victim of a crime, you probably have a claim for monetary damages. Companies can be held liable for punitive damages in Virginia under certain circumstances.
Areas of Practice
- Auto Accidents
- Assault and Battery
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Hotel Injuries
- Dangerous Products
- Police Abuse
- Sexual Assault
- Serious Scars and Burns
- Broken Bones
- Wrongful Death
- Insurance Claims