Fairfax VA Personal Injury Lawyer
This information is provided by a Fairfax VA personal injury lawyer. Our firm handles cases involving negligence, like car accidents, premises liability and product liability. We also handle and intentional torts like assault, battery defamation and false imprisonment. We assist those who have been harmed and seek compensation. Case summaries are for informational purposes only. Good results in the past do not guarantee good results in the future.
- June 2017, Personal Injury settlement for $52,500 for Alexandria Va auto collision on interstate 395.
- June 2017, Personal injury settlement for $50,000 in Fairfax Va auto accident case.
- May 2017, Fairfax Va personal injury verdict at trial for 15 times more than the last settlement offer in rear-end auto accident case.
- Personal Injury settlement for $60,000 for rear-end collision in Fairfax Va.
- Personal injury settlement for $47,500 for Arlington Va pedestrian struck by automobile.
- Personal injury settlement of $20,000 for Fairfax Va rear-end collision with minor damage.
- Represented an elderly couple who’s car was struck by a tractor trailer from behind while traveling on an interstate, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Personal injury settlement for $100,000 for Fairfax, Virginia passenger who’s driver rear-ended another vehicle in Fairfax, Virginia.
- Personal injury settlement for $75,000 for Arlington VA pedestrian struck by automobile.
- Personal injury settlement for $25,000 for Arlington VA pedestrian struck by automobile.
- Personal injury settlement for $90,000 for Vienna, VA pedestrian struck by automobile.
- Plaintiff’s verdict in Loudoun VA rear-end accident of approximately 3.5 times the settlement offer.
- Favorable verdict in Fairfax rear-end accident case with concussion injury.
- Plaintiff’s verdict in assault and battery civil trial.
- Confidential settlement in Arlington Va. defamation / insulting words / false imprisonment case.
- Settlement in Arlington VA roll-over crash for $100,000.
- Favorable jury verdict of $20,000 for Fairfax VA pedestrian struck by automobile.
- Favorable settlement in excess of $50,000 for Fairfax VA shopper struck by automobile in parking lot.
- Favorable appeals court ruling in Federal Tort Claims act case for law enforcement abuse. Ignacio v. US, 674 F 3d 252 (CA4 2012).
- Favorable verdict in Arlington County General District Court in for customer struck by rental car employee.
- Favorable verdict in Alexandria VA in negligence case arising from an unsafe lane change.
- Favorable settlement in excess of $200,000 in Arlington VA uninsured motorist case against drunk driver.
- Settlement in excess of $700,000 for Fairfax VA wrongful death claim.
- Favorable personal injury settlement against major retailer in Prince William VA for serious laceration caused by product display.
- Favorable personal injury settlement against major food manufacturer for Fairfax VA consumer.
- Confidential personal injury settlement for $60,000 for Fairfax VA pedestrian struck by a bicycle in Arlington VA.
- Personal Injury settlement of $45,000 for Falls Church VA bicyclist struck by automobile in a Falls Church VA crosswalk.
- Personal injury settlement of $75,000 for Fairfax VA motorcycle crash.
- Confidential settlement for Alexandria VA consumer with nut allergy.
- Obtained a confidential settlement in Alexandria Federal Court for tinnitus injuries resulting from an exploding soccer ball. Reyes v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. 1:14-cv-00370-JFA (EDVA).
- In March 2017 Favorable personal injury verdict in Arlington, Virginia twenty-five percent higher than final insurance company offer.
- Successful resolution in a wrongful birth case for an Alexandria VA woman for over $250,000.
This information is provided by a Fairfax VA personal injury lawyer. Negligence is defined as the failure to use reasonable care under the circumstances and conditions. In most Virginia personal injury cases, the victim has two years from the date of the personal injury to settle the claim of file a lawsuit, but that limitation can change depending on the circumstances. For example, the statute of limitations for defamation in Virginia is only one year.
The time limit in personal injury cases is called a statute of limitations.
If an injury or accident results in death, then there may be a claim for wrongful death and beneficiaries are entitled to compensation for the loss of their loved ones. The rules for wrongful death claims are different from the rules for negligence cases that result in injury and not death.
Intentional wrongs in Virginia can result in monetary awards that include punitive damages on top of compensatory damages. Punitive damages are limited but available in Virginia. Intentional Wrongs where compensation may be available include assault, battery, defamation, false imprisonment fraud. If you are the victim of a crime, you probably have a claim for monetary damages. Companies can be held liable for punitive damages in Virginia under certain circumstances.
Sutter & Terpak PLLC: Fairfax Va Personal Injury Lawyer with offices in Annandale, Virginia.
- Auto Accidents
- Assault and Battery
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Hotel Injuries
- Dangerous Products
- Police Abuse
- Sexual Assault
- Serious Scars and Burns
- Broken Bones
- Wrongful Death
- Insurance Claims